Welcome to Colorado ENT & Allergy!
As the premier (and largest) ENT and Allergy & Asthma practice in the state of Colorado, we are dedicated to providing the most exceptional ear, nose, throat, and allergy & asthma care to our patients. To accomplish that goal, we continuously promote advancements in clinical practice and the utilization of state-of-the-art technology.
Over the years, the doctors and staff of Colorado ENT & Allergy have gained a reputation for excellence. We are committed to providing highly-skilled and compassionate care to our patients and look forward to serving you. Call us today to schedule your appointment.
In 1995 the leading ear, nose, and throat doctors in Colorado Springs came together to form Colorado Otolaryngology Associates (COA). At that time, the practice was comprised of the following six doctors: Drs. Ernster, Hohengarten, Knox, Pruitt, Olson and Romett. Initially, the doctors practiced in a number of separate locations, but, in 2000, they combined into a single office in the Audubon Medical Campus at Union and Circle. That same year, Dr. Galloway joined the practice.
In 2006, two of the founding doctors of COA, Drs. Hohengarten and Olson, retired. Dr. Davis joined COA in 2007, and in 2008, to meet the increasing needs of a growing Colorado Springs, COA opened a second location in the NorthCare Pavilion adjacent to the St. Francis Medical Center at Woodmen and Powers.
In 2011, COA merged with Drs. Cichon, Smith, and Yohanan of the Colorado Center for Otolaryngology to form Colorado ENT & Allergy (CENT&A). In 2014, Dr. Whinery joined CENT&A, and in 2017 CENT&A and Drs. Baswell and Caplan of Colorado Springs Allergy & Asthma Clinic joined together. At the end of 2017, Dr. Romett retired, and Dr. Baswell retired in mid-2018. Dr. Keller joined the practice in the fall of 2018, and Dr. Yohanan retired at the end of the same year. The practice now consists of 9 ENT doctors, 1 Allergy & Asthma doctor, 1 nurse practitioner, 4 audiologists, and over 50 clinical and administrative staff members.
The vision of Colorado ENT & Allergy is to be the regional leader for ear, nose, throat and allergy & asthma care, providing a full range of the highest-quality, patient-centered services.
Our mission is to help our patients fully enjoy their lives. With compassion, integrity and respect, our doctors and staff help patients hear, smell, breathe and speak better.
Facts About Colorado ENT & Allergy
- IAC accredited In-Office Computed Tomography (CT) facilities
- ONC certified Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Successful participation in the federal Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)
- Member of Colorado Health Neighborhoods Network
- Drs. Caplan, Cichon, Ernster, Galloway & Knox selected to list of 2018 Colorado Springs Top Doctors
- Dr. Galloway serves as Colorado Springs ENT Section Chief
- Administrator is the Advocacy Committee Chair for the AOA
- Business Office Supervisor is a Certified Professional Coder
- All Medical Assistants certified by either AMT or NHA
- Annual participation in the National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey